Sunday, November 18, 2007

Downstream Views


Dear Faithful Readers:
Forgive me for not posting in such a long time. I have no excuses.
Today's quote:
A town is saved, not more by the righteous men in it than by the woods and swamps that surround it. Henry David Thoreau
Comment on today's quote: Thoreau was way ahead of his time when he wrote this. We have come to understand the truth of these words but still have great difficulty acting on this truth. From Walking, published in the Atlantic Monthly soon after Thoreau died in 1862.
Top photo: looking down the Croton River from Nordica Drive, Croton-on-Hudson.
Bottom photo: looking down the Hudson River to Croton Point with Hook Mountain and Tallman Mountain in the hazy background. From Finney Farm, Croton-on-Hudson.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I was googling images of Croton Park and found your post. I am an artist would like to paint from this view, could you please tell me how to get there? I googled the Finny Farm, but lots of homes for sale came up. I have paintout next weekend so am hoping to find this before then. Thanks for any help you can give. Tarryl
(www.Tarryl.com)

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home